Volunteer Support > Training > Section Leader Training Courses
In Merseyside, we have grouped The Scouts core / mandatory training modules for Section Leaders in to seven training courses; which can be seen in the diagram below. You are able to attend two half day sessions on single days or you are able to attend each of the half day sessions on separate days.
Getting Started Course Dates (Mandatory Modules)
- Merseyside North: 1st February, 2nd May
- Merseyside South: 22nd February, 13th June
- Merseyside West: 7th March, 11th July
Getting Going Course Dates (Mandatory Modules)
- Session A (All Appointments): 14th March (AM)
- Session B (Programme): 14th March (PM)
- Session C (Safety and Practical Skills): 16th February (PM)
- Session D (Residential Experiences): 16th February (AM)
- Session E (People - Part 1): 21st March (AM)
- Session F (People - Part 2): 21st March (PM)
Safeguarding Awareness Training (Mandatory Module)
Nights Away (Module 38) Course Dates (Optional Module)
Questions relating to Adult Training can be directed to your Local Training Manager; details can be found in our Support Handbook.
Please note: All course bookings open 3 months prior to training.