Adult Support > Training > Section Leader Training Courses
In Merseyside, we have grouped The Scouts core / mandatory training modules for Section Leaders in to seven training courses; which can be seen in the diagram below. You are able to attend two half day sessions on single days or you are able to attend each of the half day sessions on separate days.
Please note: All course bookings open 3 months prior to training.
Getting Started Course Dates (Mandatory Modules)
- Merseyside North: 14th September, 8th February 2020, 9th May 2020
- Merseyside South: 12th October, 22nd February 2020, 13th June 2020
- Merseyside West: 9th November, 7th March 2020, 11th July 2020
Getting Going Course Dates (Mandatory Modules)
- Session A (All Appointments): 30th November (AM), 14th March (AM)
- Session B (Programme): 30th November (PM), 14th March (PM)
- Session C (Safety and Practical Skills): 6th October (PM), 16th February (PM)
- Session D (Residential Experiences): 6th October (AM), 16th February (AM)
- Session E (People - Part 1): 16th November (AM), 21st March (AM)
- Session F (People - Part 2): 16th November (PM), 21st March (PM)
Safeguarding Awareness Training
- Merseyside South: 12th October, 22nd February, 13th June
- Merseyside North: 21st September, 8th February, 9th May
- Merseyside West: 9th November, 7th March, 11th July
Nights Away (Module 38) Course Dates (Optional Module)
Presenting & Facilitating (Module 28/29) Course Dates
Advising on Adult Appointments (Module 37)
Other Optional Training Opportunities
Questions relating to Adult Training can be directed to your Local Training Manager; details can be found in our Support Handbook.