Events > Night at the Museum Online
Please note: these activities should be supervised by parents/carers at all times, and are not subject to The Scout Association's Policy, Organisation and Rules. These activities are completely voluntary and each parent/carer should determine if they are suitable for their children.
We have also made available a document which provides safety help for camping at home; click here to download.
Welcome to Merseyside Scouts "Night At The Museum Online" which is taking place over the weekend Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th January. It's open to all members and their families. There's a mix of live events, recorded videos and self-led activities - and everyone can get involved from home.
You will start to see more information posted on our event Facebook page, on what we have planned, below are links to activities that our members can do at home and some videos / virtual tours of museums that you also can enjoy.
- 4pm: Opening; join us via our Facebook page
- 6pm: Science activities
- 8pm: Space activities
- Evening: Den Building Competition (Parents/carers to send photos by email)
Self-lead activities, can be downloaded below.
- Build an Boat
- Blooming Flowers Challenge
- Make a Lava Lamp
- Make a Parachute
- How to Make Penguins
- How Many Penguins, you'll also need this photo
- Slippery Slidey Shoes
- Take an Eye Test
- Make Your Own Bones
- Pipe Cleaner Neurons
And if you need more ideas, we've been given the Crest Award Star Award Challenges to share with you; which contains 80 pages of ideas.
We'd like to say a huge thank you to All About STEM, one of our Community Partners, for supporting us with many of these activities.
Den Building Competition
During the Saturday evening we're going to be on the look out for the best dens, and we have some tips to help you build yours:
- Liverpool World Museum: Dinosaur & Natural World exhibitions
- Liverpool War Museum: Western Approaches and walk around the wartime bunker
- National Museums on Merseyside
- Smithsonian Natural History Museum
- Natural History Museum, London
- Smithsonian Air & Space Museum
There are many other museums available online as well – use your search engine and share on our Facebook page.
- Click here to visit and like the event Facebook page for more updates and live events.
- Share pictures and stories as you get involved by email.