Events > The Great Escape
Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th April 2020,
at Tawd Vale Adventure Centre
Please note: this event has been cancelled due to Coronavirus / Covid-19; click here for more information.
About The Great Escape
Who is this event for? This is an event for members of Merseyside Scout Section, aged primarily between 10 1/2 and 14. Scouts take part in patrols
Bookings Open 15th January
Three events In One?
The Great Escape has Three main competition elements within it:
- Highest Scoring Patrol
- Best Patrol Theme
- Best Patrol Spirit
How big is a team?
Teams must have no less than 5 members and no more than 6.
Patrols camping alone?
Patrols camping alone are very welcome at the Escape. We would however ask that you let Escape HQ know of any, so that they can be supported during the weekend.
How many teams can we enter?
Troops may pre-book a maximum of two teams. However, if there is space available extra teams may be admitted on the night of arrival on a "first come, first served basis" only.
How do we book a team?
Bookings open on the15th January and close on the 22nd March 2020. Teams can only be booked in using the Great Escape Booking Form – which is available from your ADC (Scouts) or for download from this site. This form needs to be completed and sent along with a non-refundable £20 deposit per team (cheques payable to Merseyside County Scout Council) .
Peter Morris, 26 Derwent Road, Crosby, Merseyside, L23 0SX.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Permits and passports?
In line with The Scout Association’s policy, all troops taking part in the Great Escape must have with them a Leader who possesses a relevant Nights Away Permit. Patrols camping on their own will also need to be in possession of a valid Nights Away Event Passport. This must be shown at Event Reception when booking in at Escape HQ.
Are you ready?
The Great Escape is a challenging competition for Scouts requiring teamwork, leadership, and initiative. Patrols must visit 15 different bases – a challenge awaits them at each. Each challenge is on the theme of ‘escape’ and runs along the lines of a ‘now get out of that / crystal maze’ type theme. It is therefore important that teams are prepared for what awaits them. Leaders are welcome over the weekend, but must NOT accompany or coach their patrols around each of the bases. All those taking part in the Great Escape MUST be camped at Tawd Vale during the weekend, unless they have a Special Need which precludes them from doing so. Every patrol should carry their own First Aid kit - but we would ask that all accidents are reported to the event organisers. Merseyside Emergency Team will be on hand to offer support and advice. Please make sure that each patrol is ready for any weather eventuality.
2019 Great Escape Results
A huge congratulations to all teams who took part in this years Great Escape Competition at Tawd Vale, we have now added this years results below along with a full list of the Scores achieved by all of the teams.
1st Place - Team 12 6th & 13th Bebington
2nd Place - Team 28 25th Picton
3rd Place Joint - Team 3 5th Formby
3rd Place Joint - Team 58 6th Heswall
Winners - Team 50 25th Birkenhead
Winners - Team 62 1st Frankby Greasby
Winners - Base C Altside
Highly Commended "Beth" PL Team 73 22nd Bootle.
Rules of the Great Escape
See below rules for the competition -
- Troops may pre-book a maximum of 2 teams only.
- Bookings are taken on a first come first served basis.
- Bookings can only be taken by post.
- Bookings MUST be received before Friday 22nd March 2020
- Bookings will only be accepted along with a £20 deposit per team.
- Teams must have a minimum of 5 members and no more than 6.
- Patrols may camp on their own, The Great Escape Office should be informed of this at book in.
- Leaders are welcome on the weekend but MUST NOT accompany or coach their patrols around each of the bases.
- All those taking part MUST be camped at Tawd Vale during the weekend, unless they have a special need which precludes them from doing so.
- Every Patrol Should carry their own First Aid Kit.
- All Accidents must be reported to the event organisers.
- In line with POR all troops taking part MUST have with them a leader who holds a relevant Nights Away Permit.